OUR EPIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS
EPIC Escape is operated by Epic Escape Limited (referred to in this form as “Epic Escape”, “we” or “us”). Please read the terms and conditions below prior to making your booking. By clicking ‘Accept’ you confirm you reviewed and understand the below terms and conditions.
Epic Escape respects your right to privacy. Below is the outline of your rights as a consumer as well as our role in personal data collection and protection.
We will notify you of the following:
• What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
• What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
• The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
INFORMATION COLLECTION, USE, AND SHARING
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
• We will use your information to respond to you if you contact Epic Escape.
• We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties unless we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
REQUIRED BOOKING INFORMATION
In order to book a game slot, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration, a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to confirm your booking, remind you of your booking, contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest, and to send a follow up email. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
To book with us, you may also be required to provide financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use the contact information to contact you.
SALE OF BUSINESS
Your personal data is held on secure servers. The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organizational measures) to protect your personal data.
Cancellations prior to 24 hours a booking can receive a full refund or reschedule a booking time. A refund is not possible within 24 hours of the game
- We have taken all reasonable precautions to minimise risk to players health and safety while participating in our games. All rooms are equipped with emergency exit buttons allowing players to safely leave the room at any point during their game.
- Communication with a staff member is also available at all times.
- You are required to follow all written and verbal instructions provided by our staff prior to, and during the gameplay. Please notify our staff if you become aware of any hazard which may compromise the safety of yourself or others during the gameplay.
- We do not accept any liability for you (or anybody in your group) suffering an injury or distress whilst playing our rooms. If you have any medical condition that you think may interfere with your ability to participate please discuss it with one of our staff members prior to entering the room.
- We have a firm policy that intoxicated people will not be admitted into our rooms.
- Food and drinks are not allowed to be taken into any of our games. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- None of our puzzles require physical force or moving/ climbing on any furniture. You are not require to pick locks or open locks without the correct code.
- We reserve the right to end the game at any time if you do not abide by the rules and safety briefing, or if you or a member of your group is deliberately or recklessly causing damage to our rooms or props, or if you are a danger to yourself or others. No refund will be given.
- You will be responsible for reimbursing us for any damaged caused to our rooms including props, furniture, equipment and puzzles.
- Photos or videos inside the rooms are not permitted. Please don’t disclose information or spoilers to anyone who has not played our games.
- Cancellations prior to 24 hours a booking can receive a full refund or reschedule a booking time. A refund is not possible within 24 hours of the game.
- Virtual reality does have some associated risks, including but not limited to motion sickness, dizziness, eye strain, nausea, increased heart rate, vertigo, seizures, disorientation, self injury from bumping into objects, or injury from other players.
- Remember, virtual reality games are entertainment products only. In-game actions are performed by virtual characters and should not be reproduced in real life. Attempting to do so may cause serious bodily injury or property damage.
- Photosensitivity / Epileptic Seizures: A very small percentage of individuals may experience epileptic seizures when exposed to certain light patterns or flashing lights. Exposure to certain patterns or backgrounds on a computer screen, or while playing video games, may induce an epileptic seizure in these individuals. Certain conditions may induce previously undetected epileptic symptoms even in persons who have no history of prior seizures or epilepsy. If you, or anyone in your family, have an epileptic condition, consult your physician prior to playing. If you experience any of the following symptoms while playing a video or computer game – dizziness, altered vision, eye or muscle twitches, loss of awareness, disorientation, any involuntary movement, or convulsions – IMMEDIATELY discontinue use and consult your physician before resuming play.
- VR content can be immersive and appear very life-like, which may cause your brain or body to react accordingly. Stop using the VR game if you experience motion sickness, impaired sense of balance, and/or impaired hand-eye coordination. Until fully recovered, do not take part in any activity that may have serious consequences, in particular driving or operating machinery.
- Certain types of content particularly, such as violent, scary or adrenaline-based content, might trigger increased blood pressure, increased heart rate, panic attacks, fainting or other negative effects. Immediately stop playing if you start to experience those effects.
- Remember that simulated objects appearing in your VR game do not exist in real life, hence injuries may occur when interacting with those simulated objects as if they were real (e.g. attempting to sit on virtual chair).
To make the most of your VR experience:
- Consult your doctor before playing if you have serious medical conditions, if you are pregnant or elderly, or if you have an implanted medical device
- Avoid playing when you are sick, tired, and/or under the influence of medicine or drugs
- Do not use earphones at a high volume as hearing loss may occur
- Play in a comfortable posture to avoid numbness, stiffness or other discomfort
- Take regular breaks during play sessions. The length and frequency of necessary breaks may vary from one person to another
- Stop playing if you are experiencing any discomfort
- Be aware of cable and connections around you and avoid tripping over them or pulling them while playing, to avoid causing injury or damage
- Beware of controllers, hold them firmly while you play and always use the appropriate straps. Hitting someone or something with controllers may cause injury or damage. So does releasing the controllers while playing
- Keep sound volumes at a low level to ensure you can be aware of your surroundings while playing
- If you have experienced epileptic symptoms in the past, you should speak to your doctor before playing VR